***NOTICE*** This site is in no way endorsed by, related to, or in any other way affiliated with Shopify.com or Shopify Inc.
  • Matt Stefanik
    Want to get feedback from the community about your store - how it looks, how it functions, how it could be improved, etc.? Feel free to post it in a new thread in this category!
  • Teressa Mann
    Would like some feedback on my store please. www.biggiftstore.com
  • Nick Raushenbush

Looks like you have a cute store, and you're off to a great start. I think your styling (colors, fonts, etc.) could use improvement, and you may want to consider how you structure your homepage.

I wrote this piece a while back about 9 Features of a Great eCommerce Homepage

Want to give that a read and email me if you have any questions?
  • Judy York
    My store name is: Yarn And Hook Designs by Judy York. I would like to post my store and get some feedback. I created this home business from a request of my daughter in law. She sent me a pictures before Christmas saying; this is what I want for Christmas, and I know you can make it! I started out with making a line of Messy Bun Beanies. Then wanted to expand on a product line that would sell year round. I was watching YouTube for ideas and when I found a infant Tulle dress, I said: "I can make that!" I have just recently established my store on Facebook.
  • gerti
    Hello there and thanks for having me. My name is Gerti and i did this shop to maybe earn some for my animal welfare organisation-PfötchenhilfeThörl.
    Im not only new to do a shop,i also stuck with my school english a bit and with my knowledge when it comes to do a good shop and how to get customers. Please have a look and maybe all your honest view at it will help me to reach with learning my goal.
    Thanks in advance Gerti
    https://www.littlehelicathelpshop.com
  • arijit dutta
    Hey guys I need your help asap. I did my shopify store about a week from now. My site is wriststyler.com.

I ran some fb ads to get attraction. I got a ton of engagement on the ads but as an when they visit my site they tend to leave early. I tried everything feeling too much depressed. Need your critic suggestions please help.
  • Michelle Nicholls
    Hi Teressa, Your products are great! The layout is also very user friendly. Nice, simple and clean. I have a few notes that I think will make the overall design better.

1. Put your promo in all caps FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $50 ..
    2. Capitalize the second word in your titles: Top Categories, Best Sellers
    3. Align the description words in your Top Categories. Rings and Pillow Covers are higher.
    4. Eliminate the grey background of the Rings image so it's clean and white like the others
    5. Create a variation of your logo in all white so it POPs against the dark grey bottom section...or consider using a faint grey or even white background for the bottom bar with a thin line to separate from the content above.

Those are my quick observations on the opening page. I have other thoughts, but those are the main ones. Your products are quite adorable. People are going to buy them regardless!

My best,
    Michelle :)
    www.tshirts4patriots.com (coming soon for everyone else to critique)
  • Michelle Nicholls
    So cute Judy! Do you have a store on shopify?

My best,
    www.tshirts4patriots.com (coming soon)
  • Michelle Nicholls
    Hi Arijit, I took a minute to look at your site. Here are my thoughts at first glance, it seems super busy which is maybe why people are leaving the page.

Here are my quick tips:

1. Eliminate the blue and red (new) and (sale) icons from every picture. My eyes are going everywhere and they should only be going to the watches.
    2. Crop the Women's Collection picture to compliment the Men's Collection picture. Zooming in on the watch and barely showing her chin. You may want to put these images above the "Best Seller" section as well.
    3. Put the Men's and Women's Collection images to the right of the video/slide show in place of the Online Sales and Riddlestone images.
    4. Add the Online Sale and Riddlestone images to the slide show.

Hope that helps!

My best,
  • Michelle Nicholls
    Hi Gerti! Great opening page with brilliant kitty pictures! :D
    You have a very eclectic shop, I would be in there for days browsing if it were here in real life. Your main hurdle is organizing it, modernizing the look and simplifying shopping experience online. Your opening cat images are a WOW, but then everything else (not the actual products, but the website design and function) aren't as strong. Although, I do like the soothing grey color scheme. Ok, here are some of my quick tips!

1. Separate the animals that you support from the actual products you are selling.
    2. Your pets should have a page of their own! Link the page in the part of your story where you talk about your pets.
    3. I would put 3 rows (of three different products) for a total of 9 products on the home page. Make sure each picture is almost twice the size it is now. It'll make for a better presentation.
    3. Your story section needs to be edited. I'm not a professional by no means, but maybe I could help. I do have a degree in Graphic Design and am a perfectionist by nature.

Hope my suggestions are helpful.

My best,
  • Vicki Clark
    Please let me know how I could improve my store. bygodsgracestore.com Thank You!
  • Matt Stefanik
    Hey Vicki, your store looks really good as it is! What issue are you having? Do you have a high abandoned cart rate? Are you running Facebook ads or any other paid traffic? If so, what is your strategy?
  • Vern
    Hi Matt please take a look at my store I want to start running facebook ads but I am not sure which of the store picture I should use I am thinking one of the dogs, What do you say? http://getoutgears.com
  • Matt Stefanik
    Get rid of the black/neon green colors! Those are indicative of computer/tech. Look at the colors of your products - browns, greens, camo, nature colors. This is the colors your entire store should embody to reflect your brand, which is also non-existent. Get a logo, write an "About Us" page and add some personality to your store. Do all of these things first before you start blowing money on traffic :-).
  • robert strong
    Good morning Matt,

Would someone be able to look at my store and let me know their thoughts, thank you in advance.
    http://www.travdevil.com
  • Domingo Silvas
    Very nice home page. You have good features to make the customer know that you are an established store. When I go to the product page, you are missing a few features.

• Add to Cart button should stand out on the page, so use another color other than black.
    • Use a feature that adds scarcity by having a countdown timer when your special will end and maybe a number of items already sold.
    • Add some image of payment processing security to make the customer feel comfortable putting their credit info
    • Take advantage of the bottom as well to feature additional items that go well with this product so you can get some upsells.
    • The "Free shipping on orders $49 or more" is so faint you can barely see it under the product

I hope this helps..

Domingo
  • Vern

Matt thank very much sir I will go ahead and do just what you said, Matt I have been using shopified apps for my store the Elite plan is $47.00 US I live in Canada so it is $63.07 the Elite plan can only be added to one store, I only saw the Ecomisoft Suit that you have yesterday and the price is US $97.00 per month $130 .00 CDN, and can add any of the apps to three stores I love the shopified app but in comparison to Ecomisoft with all that it has to offer its way more cost effective and I am assuming just as good so I wanna change, If I do change to Ecomisoft how would I be able to use it with the products that is already done with the Shopified apps?
  • Matt Stefanik
    As a member of Ecomisoft, you're still free to use any other third-party app and it won't affect any products you already have in your store. Happy to help you with any other questions you might have. Thank you for your interest!
  • Matt Stefanik
    New Shopify Store Reviews Webinar this Tuesday, April 11th @ 2:00 PM EST!
    Register NOW: https://ecomisoft.com/shopify-store-reviews-webinar/
  • Maria Dsouza
    I had asked for help from our Shopify friends to check my website as I had not made any sales after all the FB ads and Google Adwords advertising and many other ways..but no sales so when I posted to this group and I got about 100 comments and from that I have worked diligently to improve my store implementing every comment I got and here it is today with ALL the new changes. Please let me know if I need to do anything else to start getting sales. Thank you so much! Maria
    www.thetrendylook.com
  • JD Hoffman
    Thanks for the add!
    Check out my new store..

BackwashBooze

Any feedback is welcomed
  • Matt Stefanik
    Maria, you still need to get better descriptions for your products. All you have currently are the features! You're missing out on a huge opportunity to actually "sell" your products. You have to paint the picture of what ownership is going to be like. How will it make them feel? What will their friends say? What would the perfect occasion be to wear the particular item? etc.
  • Matt Stefanik
    Hey JD, not a bad start. As you probably already know, just need more products. I see you're using CustomCat so that's good. Their coasters and beer steins would be perfect for your niche, and many of the other products would work too such as the hats, bags, dog tag necklaces, etc. Also about your product pages, read my response to Maria above. Also, add an "about us" page to tell about your back story and why you wanted to create this brand.
  • JD Hoffman
    Matt, thanks for the ideas. Just opened it 2 days ago. Still a work in progress.
  • Maria Dsouza
    Can you take one product and show me how or what I should put instead, I'm so new to all this but have done all this by myself from scratch, learned a lot on the way, but maybe not the proper formatting of a description i.e this one: https://www.thetrendylook.com/collections/rings/products/new-arrival-adjustable-turkish-two-finger-rings
  • Pulkit
    @Matt: Would love to get some feedback on https://codeglitter.com
    I am still working on adding detailed product descriptions, and beautifying the 'Size Guide' page, so these two are work in progresss
  • Rithysak
    Would love to get some feedback on my shopify store that I have been running for three months without a sale yet https://salehubby.com/
  • Johnny
    Hi. I just started my store a few weeks ago and would appreciate some feedback. Thanks! www.therunnersonlinestore.com
  • Hillorie
    Hey all, I would love to hear honest feedback and opinions on my store www.travelbugco.com . What do you think of the site itself, the products, the descriptions, pricing... anything! I want to hear it all :)
  • Forrest
    Hi Matt and all. I'm just about to start sending Facebook traffic to my store, and would love some feedback. I'm selling a natural health supplement. Here's my url: https://velpure.net/

By the way, thank you Matt ...I found your Facebook Ads Bootcamp videos very helpful - especially the last one. Domingo is an excellent presenter!
  • BlackWorld
    Hello everyone, my friend and I opened an online department store. The store's concept is only black colored products.
    We want to hear your recommends and your opinion on the website.
    Thank you very much and have a nice day !!
    https://the-blackworld.com/
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Shopifyers!

Please feel free to browser the Shopifyers forum but you must sign up or sign in to make posts and comment.